The Ultimate Roast Potatoes?
- However many potatoes you think you want, double it.
- Goose fat or sunflower seed oil.
- 1 pouch of Spice Cartel's Ultimate Roast Potato Mix.
- Parboil potatoes. Drain once starting to soften. Leave to stand (and therefore dry out a little).
- Pre heat the fat in a large baking tray (the more spaced out the spuds are the more they are going to crisp in an oven (200c).
- Add potatoes (make sure no water is introduced to hot fat).
- 20 mins before the end, sprinkle Spice Cartel's Ultimate Roast Potato Mix over the spuds.
- They are ready once brown, ours usually take 45mins+.
*When you really don't want to peel spuds* try with oven chips :D
How We Did It
We cut our spuds into small cubes - 1.5cm - par boiled for 7 minutes then straight into hot goose fat! This style is usually called potatoes parmentier but our mix is a little different, not exactly authentic.